Student Welfare and Pastoral Care
Our school values are modelled on Franciscan Spirituality. We strive to value and respect all of God’s creation. To develop our vision, we as a school community strive to promote the total development of each child whilst respecting his /her dignity and individuality. Our Christian values are witnessed through service, celebration and relationship. Some specific programs that we implement at school to enhance our pastoral care are as follows –
- Making Jesus Real - Grade Six
- The HUB - an indoor space open at recess, lunchtime, and during the day to support the social and emotional well being of our students, with sensory toys and games available.
- School wide positive behaviour strategy – SWPBS is the framework to guide positive student behaviour.
- Parent Morning Teas – invitations are extended by a group of parents to all other parents to gather together and share a “cuppa” at school with the goal of getting to know new parents and to welcome them into the St. Anthony’s community.
- Whole School Celebrations (Masses, Mother’s, Father’s and Grandparents Day both at Church and here at school).
- Student Leadership – Mini Vinnies, School and House Team Captains and Vice Captains, Aussie Sports Leaders and Media Group.
- Parents and Friends social nights.
- Staff social get togethers.